PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces pension
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2011, 00:48
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
LFFC ... I don't see the problem. After all, we're all in this together. Right? Aren't we?????

The last time I saw anyone acting like Dave and George, it was in a WW2 film and the Captain was scuttling his ship. This really is totally incoherent short termism in the extreme. On the one hand they want the country to plan for its financial future, but on the other hand they do everything in their power to make that impossible by moving goal posts and robbing us blind. The answer is that nobody will plan for the future and as a result we will all be reliant on the State in one form or another in our old age - I won't say retirement because that will have gone as a concept by the next election - in complete contrast to what they state they are trying to achieve.

I do hope that the Conservatives aren't thinking past 2015 ..... they are going to be out of power for a very very long time after the next election having single handedly alienated every sector of society who might have voted for them at one time, whilst increasing the levels of animosity felt by the left of society to levels that I can't remember since the Thatcher era. And frankly, good riddance (and I'm saying that as a conservative by instinct!)