PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurolot pilots took off from taxiway
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 23:54
clivewatson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAS! Another FLA (four letter abbreviation) that most airlines don't give a fcuk (FLA) about!

Can anyone here advise if they know of ANY airline that has RAAS installed?

No?.....Oh what a bean-counting surprise!!! I bet most have never heard of it, or even know that it is equipped on a significant percentage of private/corporate jets.

As a pre-cursor to those who may wish to jump on the "how could this possibly happen at a single runway airport" bandwagon, I suggest, as a start, they acquaint themselves with the Jeppp or AIP plates of the airport, and the NOTAMS that were in place, before even THINKING of apportioning any blame. It will take more than a "casual briefing" to spot the potential traps that many of us may have missed at such a fully ICAO approved, licensed and compliant airport on this particular foggy morning.

As for the "localiser prior to line up" practice, do any of you have this as a SOP applicable to single r/w airports...in daylight? I doubt it.

There is much more to this story than meets the eye, and I have good reason, and hope, that this crew will not get hung out to dry.

Mini........you are a dork!

Last edited by clivewatson; 18th Nov 2011 at 23:57. Reason: to add mini you are a dork