PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 20:51
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
Sidestick command does not order G in absolute terms. It adds G demand to already measured, therefore if hit by updraft giving you 1.3G, pull on the stick that would give you 1.1 absolute from straight and level will now result in 1.4 pitch up. Push giving 0.9 would now be 1.2.
Thank you for your elucidating explanation/correction. I'm amazed how one continues to learn new 'secrets' of the control system after so much time. What you write makes sense to me, but leaves me with a couple of questions:
I've read somewhere that full back side stick corresponds to a demand of 2.5 g. Suppose you are at 1.3 g with neutral side stick, then pull the stick to the back stop. What do you get?
Then we have this description in mm43's post #366: "With STICK FREE in turbulence, small deviations do occur on the flight path but with a tendancy of the A/C to regain a steady condion". Does that functionality only exist with stick free?
Originally Posted by Clandestino
I realize you were talking hypothetically. To set the record clear who might not understand: such a test will never be made.
Agreed. I've edited the last sentence of my post.

Last edited by HazelNuts39; 18th Nov 2011 at 21:04.