PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA2788 LGW-BOD 18/11/11
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 20:44
ihatechewinggum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA2788 LGW-BOD 18/11/11

Curious SLF here...

I was a passenger on BA2788 earlier today. We departed LGW, climbed to cruise level and all seemed well. After about 10 minutes in the cruise, I noticed a sudden rise in cabin temperature followed almost immediately by a marked change in cabin pressure, so my ears told me. About 5 seconds later the seat belt signs went on, and we started what seemed like a fairly rapid descent, during which both my ears and sinuses complained bitterly... My amateur eye would say that we then levelled off at something like around 10,000 and continued on to BOD at that level. I asked the CC whether she knew if there had been any pressurisation issue, but she didn't. No word from flight deck other than usual update 20 mins before arrival.

Clearly this was a non-event in terms of safety - we all arrived happily in Bordeaux - but I'm guessing something less than routine must have taken place on this flight. Especially as when I checked my flight track app, I saw that the return leg back to LGW had been cancelled. The old bird in question was G-DOCZ.

I take around 100 or so flights a year, and can't recall anything like this happening before. Might there be someone here who has an idea about what could have happened?

Thanks!