PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 18th Nov 2011, 18:05
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
[quotebecause I've never seen anything lower (or higher for that matter).][/quote]

That gives you a basis for disputing what I said? Explain that to me Sans....normally in the process of intellectual discourse one provides factual data to challenge the assertation of those with whom he differs.

Your comment is baseless.

Darn Champ....can't you come up with something a bit more interesting that the typical "Oh Yeah?" when someone says something the jolts your preconceived notions?

Jack...if that same airliner was on the Charlotte/Pittsburh run at 1.2 hours....and was fully loaded on every sector...how would your numbers compute?

As Ospreys do not routinely operate on such leg lengths....and one would think they make multiple stops along most runs in the Log mode....a bit of book keeping would show up lots and lots of folks carried.

But...bear in mind...that is not what the Marines reported in that PR piece. They listed two numbers....flight hours and passengers carried. One of two things have happened....they are piss poor at book keeping and documenting the actual number of people carried or they should have used a pax per sortie number which would make far more sense. If we assume a one hour sortie...we still come up with 4.44 pax per hour don't we?