PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Management
Thread: Management
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 16:58
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyril,

I was more labeling your generation than you specifically. If what you write is true, you are certainly an anomaly amongst A scalers. Good on you for sticking by the AOA and the 49ers.

Yoke,

What you write about is similar to a thesis I have had for a few years now. The "greatest generation" (WW2) has given way to the "greediest generation" (baby boomers). They grew up on free love, cheap dope, and peace rallies. When they finally outgrew all that they became the bankers and politicians we all suffer under today. They privatize profits and socialize losses. They devise massive public retirement and medical plans with no taxation to pay for them. So they pass their expenses as a debt burden for future generations. They make profits at the expense of middle class jobs, the very jobs their children are fighting to get/keep. I could go on and on, but in sum the boomers want to "have their cake and eat it too". The problem is that they cannot afford the cake or the frosting. So we will be paying for that, but not because we choose to. We will pay because the proletariat says we must. Rant over.