PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 16:51
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAG will have to do something when they get the keys to DH. There's no way they're going to put up with the losses that the bmi group have been producing.

The Hall is up for sale. I'm predicting that it will be closed even if it doesn't get flogged.

Let's be honest, how sensible is it that the majority of the flights are going from LHR and yet the head office is so remote (in more ways than one) from the actual operation?

It's daft and DH is a mill stone, unfortunately this means that people will also lose their jobs. However, again, how sensible is it that a company with less than 60 a/c has a staff complement of 3800? That's just nuts.

There will be big changes at bmi soon and I don't think people are going to like them one little bit. However, they have to happen and WPS should have started the process years ago, that way bmi might have had a chance at remaining as a brand in it's own right.

The sale process seems to be moving at one hell of a lick. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't concluded before Christmas. None of this Q1 2012 nonsense that we keep getting told. Given that IAG have been talking to DLH for a lot longer than most people imagine, then I'm guessing (and my spies elsewhere confirm) that it's all over bar the shouting and bmi will be a very different place by the end of January as the chopping begins.

A crying shame, but what can any of us do about it?