PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurolot pilots took off from taxiway
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 13:28
arc-en-ciel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from the Google picture on press article it shows a six month old picture, as you can see it is grass in front of the future terminal building ! (and construction of car park spaces on the street side). Furthermore this is the runway 11 (opposite direction) that you see.

Taxiway Bravo is a parallel taxiway to runway 11/29 , but since six month , and construction of the apron for the future terminal, it is not used and only half of it is used to park aircraft (on top of construction material this aircraft could have hit a parked aircraft on the taxiway...)

Anyway, from the actual stand/apron taxiway to runway 29 you do not need to use this taxiway, when you get out of the apron you just have to taxi straight to the threshold 29 a few hundread meters. by mid distance there is only one taxiway intersection at 90°, this is this taxiway bravo, BUT it has blue lights on the side, no markings, only 30m width, etc...

What surprises me the most it that Eurolot has a small network , just a few airports, they know Wroclaw very well, the design of the airport taxiway/runway/apron is extremely simple at Wroclaw, so taking off from taxiway bravo in WRO for a Eurolot crew seems really really strange !!
However I have already personnally see some Eurolot ATR doing some really really stupid and dangerous things... (like very very low pass, 10/20ft after airborne over runway Gear up with pax on board) I regret now not having made a report earlier