PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar Japan
Thread: JetStar Japan
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 10:16
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@bringbackthe80's
If you have the type rating (not the SIC type, it is worthless outside of the U.S.) and time in the airplane your training will be a little shorter but knowing the JCAB, don't expect to be in training any less than 6 months, and that is if you are already typed.
I haven't actually seen anything in print about the Peach package (as I did in this case) but one of our pilots actually interviewed there and he said that it will be around 160K with all the trimmings, it was unclear to him if there would be an opportunity to make over time pay as it looks to be the case with JetStar Japan, but it sounds like money wise they are not going to be too far from each other, the final pay package will depend on how many takers they get, the market is pretty dry and some companies are lowering their minimums (first sign before they take the action of actually improving the T&C's) Interesting times on the international jobs market.

@LindbergB767
I don't have those details about training, sorry. ANA does have A320 sims at the training center and for what I understand the Peach guys will be training there after they get their types in France, I'm sure there will be some sort of pay during training simply because nobody will go for 6 months without pay and they know this, but I don't have any intel on that.