PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 18th Nov 2011, 00:00
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The below is an interesting interview:
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/chinese-tv-host-says-regime-nearly-bankrupt-141214.html

Let's just say hypothetically if this was to be true, what would the effect be on Little Alan's grand plan's?
I think Sunfish and Burrito know the answer already.

I also noted a brief reference by Cactusjack on another thread, something about Warren Buffet. Buffet is a really interesting character, very astute and a little off the cuff. I once read a comment by him that went something along the lines of 'every year or two I get bored, look at buying airline shares, and then wait for my advisers to wake me up and remind me what a waste of an investment they are'.
End game with QF's foray into China? Who know's for sure, but all the signals are there that this is not going to end well.

Burrito, good reference to JMK, he was well ahead of his time.
Inflation is a hidden tax, a sneaky one that is insidious and sneaks up on you with you realising it. Inflation also drives things like produce costs, so for example, have you ever said something like -
'I used to spend $250.00 per week on shopping, now I am spending $300.00 per week and the trolley still isn't full'. That in part is the sneakiness of inflation. The big problem with Governments is that they try to print more money to offset debt. But each time the printing press fires up, the addititional paper devalues the dollar value plus it inflates the economy. Printing is a temporary solution, it buys a little bit of time, but the end result is inevitable, and that result is what you are seeing now in the USA, Greece and Italy. It catches you in the end.

Last edited by gobbledock; 18th Nov 2011 at 00:12.