PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 23:04
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
421c

Why do you make something so simple so complicated?

Easa rejected the inclusion of the imcr at an early stage. Had they consulted and had their rejection been transparent it would have been clear (at any early stage) the void left was untenable. The eir and the grandfathering of the imcr was never on the table when the imcr was rejected, or certainly not publically. Both arose because easas rejection was untenable. Had the process been transparent it would have been clear much earlier that the proposals were untenable and we would not be in the mess we are now in.

Your attempt to rewrite history is therefore simply not supported by the facts.

As to your reference to easas statement that really is clutching at straws. The straw of a statement issued less than one month ago the clarrity of which at best leaves a great deal unanswered.

That reads to me like
a) you acknowledge the answer is concise, which is what you wanted
b) you don't like their answer.
That's all I wrote. How is it "as removed from what you said as is possible to get"? Did you like their answer? Did I misread that in the para above?
That reads to me ironry, but perhaps too subtle.

Clearly you have convinced yourself the process was not flawed and i am not going to change your mind. I suspect you are in a very small minority, but that is for others to say.

I guess on this one we couldnt be further apart so best left there.

As to portentous i do see elements of the process and of those involved as sinister. There are very well publicised threads on this forum were committee members of aopa are on record of promoting very different views from aopas rank and file members and from the views eventually adopted by aopa. There are numerous examples of aopa changing their stance on the imcr, and there are very well publicised examples of statements made by easa that are at best misleading.

Politics is a sinister business - i am surprised you could possibly believe otherwise.

Finally i am obsessed with the imcr because it is the subject of this thread. I have no illusions that easa are a great deal less obsessed and no doubt in terms of the political components of the process (i prefer that to portentous) that they have far more pressing issues. The imcr just so happens to be the point of discussion. Pace and io540 will doubtless be only too delighted to help you out on n reg issues.

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 17th Nov 2011 at 23:24.