PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 21:24
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, EASA needs to understand that it isn't the Commissions special favourite by any means - so when I hear that anyone in EASA isn't taking heed of the Commission's statements, my alarm bells start to ring.

There is an element of 'Befehl ist Befehl' rife amongst some people at EASA which needs to be robustly challenged!
I agree, but there is no sign that the Commission or the EU Parliament is actually challenging EASA in any meaningful way.

We heard a lot of good stuff during the latest FCL debate about how unacceptable EASA's proposals were. But when the crunch came, no-one actually challenged them and the proposals were voted through, even though they are still half-baked.

At one point I wrote complimenting the chairman of the Transport committee for the way they showed how badly EASA operate. I was appalled when he then rolled over and accepted the FCL proposals even thought they are nowhere near complete.

We are supposed to accept that our leaders are working in our best interests, but having gone through the Part M process I am cynical, to say the least.

Trust us, they say, and each time we get shafted, so forgive me for doubting any statement emenating from EASA or the EU