PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training,
Thread: PPL Training,
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 20:45
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do not expect to find absolute reliable truth from any single answer, least of all on the internet
I am the last person to believe everything I read on the Internet!! I am a Historian by profession and one thing I never do is use the internet to research (apart from Flight archives etc which are PDFs). Personally I like to use Pprune apart from a bit of light hearted relief(!) but to see if anyone else out there has the same issues or can suggest a remedy to a problem. That way, asking the anonymous pilot world out there gives various ideas to think about, ask others about or throw away.

I do believe as a student pilot that asking serious questions to those who you know and trust is a very helpful part of training/ground study. As mentioned, as well as my instructor(s) I use my two very good and very experienced ex-RAF pilot friends who know more about flying and have had more hours on different types than I ever will! I also chat to fellow club members...it all helps, especially with the ground study when there is no formal teaching.

I don't know if the OP has formal ground school - I would be interested to hear form anyone who does and whether it is better/worse than learning by oneself with input from friends and instructors.

But personally, whether stupid or serious, i'll keep asking those questions!