PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 20:43
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not sure that having pre-allocated seats other than for extra leg-room seats is a great idea. In all the years we have traveled with EZY Mrs Wowzz and I have never sat apart, and we have never purchased Speedy Boarding. We have also managed never to have to sit near fractious children, as they have already been seated when we boarded.
I would also have thought that seat allocation would have significantly slowed down the entire boardng process, unless a strict control was enforced with regard to boarding by seat roe numbers [ie those at the back board first]
The main benefit will be to stop those couples [you kow who you are!] that sit at an aisle and a window seat, challenging anyone to take the middle seat! If you want three seats, PAY for three seats!
I too agree withe everything you say. Even on busy flights, with the help of the crew, satisfaction can ultimately be higher than if seats were allocated at check in. However, unallocated seating is unpopular with a hell of a lot of passengers, and it can create tension at times because Joe public doesn't always know that the aircraft has to be 95% full before problems arise for the crew to deal with and they don't always know that relatively few Easyjet flights leave with that kind of pax load. For that reason I fully support allocated seating. Give the passengers what they want.