PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spouse's Employment
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 19:03
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Av8tordude,

Life here is what you make of it. She is a professional so obviously she has enough initiative and drive to network and find her way. I can tell you that there aren't that many Speech Pathologist here as one of my clients ( yep, I work here) who just happens to be a pilot, could not find one for his child. Sadly, his family is residing in the US because of it. But, there is a huge need here. If you're looking at moving to DXB, I can take her CV and pass it on to a couple of network contacts that are with the Ministry of Education. If she wants to work outside of education and work in the medical/health sector ( CVA patients) I can put her in touch with some " higher ups" with HAAD. Better than Pprune, would be to Gewgle " Speech Pathologist + jobs + dubai etc.. and that can lead into all sorts of avenues. Depending on which way she goes, will depend on salary. Have her check with ADEC ( Abu Dhabi Education Council), get on the British Expat Forum and post a thread to enquire about jobs there. There is a job thread. Get on Dubizzle as well. Then there is always the private sector. By networking thru local expat forums, she will find that she can probably find more than enough work with private tutoring at home. As I don't live in Doha, I can't advise you specifically for that location, but I'm certain it is same same as it is here. Best of luck !