PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 13:53
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what you are saying is you want a concise reply, but you don't like the reply you got?
No, that is as removed from what I said as it is possible to get.

To suggest that my views stem from whether I like the reply or not does you little justice. From the point of view of my own self interest I couldnt careless what happens to the IMCr. I have fought hard for its retention and have set out on many occasions my reasons.

If, as you suggest, the Euro IMCr was never part of the process, then you have demonstrated even more convincingly that the process was flawed. You cant embark on a structured process that ignores elements that must be resolved, and if you didnt realise in the first palce that those elments would need to be addressed or sought to exclude them for political purposes then the process was flawed from the outset.

If you want transparency, you will see the process workings before answers have emerged - therefore no "clarity" on the answers. If you don't want answers unless they final and definitive, you won't get them until the very end of a process and then will claim no transparency.
You are intent on making a very simple process complicated. At the start of the process everyone knew national qualifications existed. EASA saw fit to abolish national qualifications whilst retaining the option to encompass these qualifications within EASA qualifications in some shape or form. At a very early stage it was therefore clear that the future of the IMCr would have to be addressed and more especially thought would need to be given to those who already held national qualifications. EASA had ample opportunity to set out their proposals for addressing this issue - so far as I am aware they failed to do so, and have still failed to do so. Of far greater concern EASA and the CAA have failed to give any indication as to how they propose to address the issue.The debate, whatever the debate, has been shrouded in a cloud of mystery.

It is a truly dreadful state of affairs and reflection of a failed process.

It is time to face the facts or bury your head in the sand.

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 17th Nov 2011 at 14:05.