PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Licencing
Thread: EASA Licencing
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 13:41
David Roberts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji,

My intent was 'you need not worry about the conversion report in terms of conditions, based on what I know at this stage on the draft'.

When one works - voluntarily I add in my case - in a lead role for some of the main GA representative organisations in both the UK and Europe, which I have doing for 10 years now, one gets better results by playing by the rules of engagement. Which means not always being able to disclose every twist and turn of discussions and negotiations in an evolving environment where no one knows all the answers or even some of the answers. We do not negotiate in public, but we try to keep people informed reasonably from time to time of the main developments.

Anyway you can look me up as Chairman of the RAeC, President of Europe Air Sports, immediate past Chairman of the BGA, Secretary and past Chairman of NPLG Ltd, and member of the GA Alliance. I meet regularly with top level officials at EASA and the Commission as well as the UK CAA.

And I use my real name on this forum, which is another reason for being circumspect sometimes. Further, I deal in facts and try to avoid speculation. If I thought there was something in the pipeline to be worried about I would try and say so, within the limits I describe.

BTW, I wonder how it is that a large part of the LAPL licences are very similar to the UK NPPL and other UK comparable qualifications? Co-incidence?