PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'A' licence with 'B' licence modules passed?
Old 17th Nov 2011, 13:23
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All B1/B2 modules must be passed within a 5 year period from passing the first module exam.. They only have a shelf life indivually of that period at the mo (although things are in the EASA pipeline to extend that to 7). Pass them all and they are effectively locked out for application. If you are self studying and working in a PART M or 145 maintenance organisation, MAKE SURE YOU LOG ALL THE RELEVENT TASKS FOR THE BASIC LICENCE AND TYPES IF APPLICABLE in the format of the CAP 741 logbook preferably. The modules mean nothing without the practical experience recorded for any licence/type rating application. CAP 741 samples can be downloaded from the CAA website, brought from the TSO and you can even copy them into a format suitable for your own use such as a word processer document and they will be acceptable to the CAA. My licence application logbook was maded up of sheets produced on my computer. My quality department loved them as they were easy to read.. So did the CAA.

Log sheets should be made up of tasks relevent to an ATA chapter, Aircraft/engine combination and employer. Don't forget the CAA approval number of the company. Date, Aircraft registration, tech Log serial number or jobcard number of task, Description of task with AMM/SRM/FIM/TSM/whatever referances and stamper name/licence number/signature and approval stamp are universally required on the sheets as well until the CAA new format.

Last edited by Alber Ratman; 17th Nov 2011 at 13:34.