PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Exodus II
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 13:20
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Oh FFS. This thread is NOT about QF drivers expecting to be Captains in EK. It's simply that even A380 Captains- who are pretty freaking senior- are considering going elsewhere.

Further, it was only a few months ago that EK needed a 'letter of resignation' from your previous employer before they'd take you on. Funnily enough, things have now changed and it appears that Qantas drivers are allowed to go on LWOP. My information is that EK only accept crew on LWOP from a couple of operators. It appears that QF pilots actually do get treated slightly differently to everyone else up there? It appears EK simply changed their mind. I wonder why? Could it be they were happy to get the crews up there to have a look around and hopefully stay and it happened to fix an issue for them?

Whether EK eventually go for DEC is something entirely up to them. They have taken them in the past, they may well again at some stage in the future. Certainly one of my EK contacts reckons that despite assurances that they won't go for DECs, the rapid rate of expansion may mean that they have to consider a limited number for the short to medium term. That may or may not work out well for former QF Captains but that really wasn't what this thread was about in the first instance. Personally, if you want to discuss whether EK will or won't take DECs, take it to the ME forum and leave this thread to discuss where the QF drivers are going- as the name of the thread suggests. Land of idiocy is right!