PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V2+10 climb plus more - huh?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 09:50
Trolltuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

"Trolltuner, do you have a noise document for the G3?"

Yes, it's entitled "Noise Standards" and is in the AFM at Section 6, Performance. I've posted a .PDF copy of it here:

GIII Noise - Trolltune Corporation

As you can see, the procedure is full throttle, flaps 10, at MTOM at V2+10. Thrust is cutback at 2562 ft for the second segment climb and is the only config change allowed (i.e., flaps 10, V2+10) until reaching the flyover measuring point 6500 meters from brake release. I want to figure out the airplane's altitude at that point. Then I want to know the altitude at the same point at weight 61,500 using the same config except now at V2+20 (this is still the same 164 KIAS). Change in TAS during the climb and weight of fuel burned are not material.

By comparing the two reference altitudes I can predict the noise reduction by an inverse square law process.

Cheers,

Tom

P.S.: I do understand that EASA requires a specific "Noise Certificate", but that is not used in the US with "N" registered aircraft. The "Noise Standards" page from the AFM is a substitute, but not all European authorities, nor "N" operators have fully understood this fact.

Last edited by Trolltuner; 17th Nov 2011 at 17:02. Reason: Added P.S.