PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C17 v A400M
Thread: C17 v A400M
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2002, 23:43
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hectorus,

While I'm alarmingly close to Aldermaston, Burghfield, Culham and Harwell, I haven't noticed any mushroom clouds darkening our skies, and nor has old Jethro, who's lived in the village since time immemorial. That may be, of course, memory loss due to irradiation, or it may be that I've disappeared so far up my own posterior that I haven't noticed. Perhaps it explains why I can't be bothered to dredge back and quote your bon mots back at you? Perhaps there is a similar explanation as to why you prefer to scatter ill-informed anti-Airbus prejudice around while steadfastly ignoring the facts? Or perhaps I'm doing you a grave injustice and You'll explain why this manufacturer of such inferior and dangerous aeroplanes has risen to its current position, and is now threatening to overtake your beloved Boeing?

Actually I have nothing against antipodeans at all, it's just anti-European and bone-headedly and blindly pro-American people who I have a problem with.... and I don't mean Blue Wolf either. In other words, it's personal, not nationalistic!

Although Jethro tells me that our genetic stock hereabouts was much improved when they transported the trouble-makers, criminals and soft-headed to the colonies.....