PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2011, 00:34
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clandestino
I still don't get it. You are trying to jump over towering cumulus by trading as much speed for altitude as possible - "green dot" is very technical term for minimum clean speed. You fail to clear TCU. You hit the updraft and lose downward pitch authority. And yet, you think it is normal aeroplane behaviour.

Congratulations on your coolness but I fail to understand source of it. Why would you think it is normal to loose downward pitch authority? Was it something in your training? Did you experience it many times? Why do you assume that what's valid for navigation system is also valid for flight controls system? Could you please explain how updraft can fool ELAC into robbing you of nosedown authority?

I have just passed 4000 hours mark on aeroplanes that would simply kill me if I ever stall them. Don't see anyone being too excited about it,
Green dot is not minimum clean speed. Green dot is L/D max. Considering this basic point, I fail to find it worth my time to further discuss this, or the AB with you.

Because you bring experience into the discussion, I've well more than three times the time you mention and have never NOT flown an aircraft that could simply kill me if I stalled them. But then again, I've intentionally stalled many a DC9 and am still here to tell the tale. Good day.