PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigerian Govt Slashes British Airways's flights to Lagos
Old 16th Nov 2011, 12:46
ReadyAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRPAM007 you are right and so is SalesCnsult.

On the economics UK and US governments (and others) support their carriers. Yes! However these airlines still compete in the market place and I cannot remember when last any of these governments intervened by pegging fares to what obtains in some other regions. IT IS NEVER THE WAY TO GO.

This Minister has shown some mettle - but my only hope is that it for real. I think SalesConsult is saying that she must know when to draw a line for now and not trust those in the UK delegation. The fares pegging to West Africa regional level will not work and I agree that UK will call Nigeria's bluff on that eventually - watch this space.

If the minister has succeeded in getting ARIK into Heathrow - then what does ARIK do with the gold they struck? Eat it, spend it, sell it or trade with it? The minister has no control. What she can do is to ensure that ARIK and others improve on their management and safety and stop turning blind eye to rubbish operation.

Good management and safe flying environment is all that a Nigerian Carrier requires to compete with whoever.

Last edited by ReadyAir; 16th Nov 2011 at 13:26.