PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2011, 11:56
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane, some fabulous Widgeon images there and how apt that you were able (albeit unawares!) to tie it in with the discussion on John Crewdson. Well done!

Given that we recently looked at G-AWAP it seemed only reasonable to re-post an image from earlier in the thread when (as with the recent photo) she wore Film Flight titles. I received a PM enquiring as to whether I knew anymore about Film Flight .. sadly I do not but, if there's anyone out there who does then, as always, please do chip in!

Film Flight's Alouette II G-AWAP at an undisclosed location prior to being purchased by John Crewdson (Photo: The Helipixman Collection)

On the previous page Chopper2004 enquired about a Bell 222 used by Air Hanson during the making of a movie which TRC identified as "Ishtar".

Just to say that the craft used was most likely one of the two below:

Air Hanson's Bell 222A G-BLSY at Balckbushe c. early 80's

Bell 222A G-OSEB at Birmingham International on 28th October 1988 (Photo: Paul Massey)

The photogrpaher of the image above (Paul) mentioned: "This photo was taken in a bit of a rush as the aircraft arrived just as I was leaving the airport."

OSEB was previously BNDA and went on to be OJLC when bought by John Laing and is now registered to Heron Helicopters c/o the Herne Bay Golf Club and flies as G-NOIR.