PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2011, 16:57
koi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree with much said to date.
The balence of power may never now be restored.
Much has to do with the type of people employed in any security force and in any country, the people it attracts and the qualifications and skills /training that they do not possess, often venting their envy and frustration onto the crew and travelling public.
How easily do you allow an ungloved hand to check your body and belongings, transferring all the previous folks forensic traces onto yours. Have a look at the British Police and the very public trauma over their attitudes and behaviours. This all goes far and wide as we are constantly reminded. We are all potential or actual wrongdoers in their eyes. From top politicians who disgrace themselves down to the common thief.
I will always remember the first person onto the flight deck of my Boeing, having abandoned takeoff near V1-with the number three turbine casing ripping open. You'd think it would be cabin crew, but to my surprise it was a good old British Policeman who lean't over with a hello hello, what seems to be the matter sirs. I cant remember what I told him.
cheers Koi