PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Airshow - More 777s
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2011, 13:57
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don, whilst I accept your comments on face value, I think your opinions are based on a couple of questionable assertions, those being the number of 380's that will arrive, and the timeframe and number of 350's that will eventually arrive.
Id also take issue with what your assumptions of the manning levels required on the 380. My view is unchanged in the respect that it still appears that the 380 will be restricted to shorter sector lengths to maximise its revenue generating capability and minimise its freight and fuel burn disadvantage over longer sectors. All this being the case, the 777 fleet is going to need a greater number of bodies per airframe due to more augmentation.
For some of us, losing the main hubs in europe and asia might be a tough pill to swallow, but that is where I see the 380 being deployed to a greater extent.
As it stands today, I'd agree that a new joiner has about the same time to wait on the 777 or 330, if however the 350 gets delayed further or doesnt even show up because Boeing trump it etc, then those guys are going to be sat watching junior guys on the 777 pass them by.

Just my thoughts, probably all wrong as usual