PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SoCal hour building diary
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2011, 13:32
iwrbf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

@BackPacker:

In support of the moderators policy though, where would they conceivably post an explanation of the ban?
Preferably in a special forum: "Moderator's actions explained" :-) No joke, a lot of forums do it this way. Alternatively it may be sufficient to just explain the ban after the culprit's last post...

People usually don't get banned permanently for a single post, but for a number of infractions of PPRuNe policy, and those infractions may be in multiple threads and even in multiple subforums.
D'accord. That's why I would prefer a special sub forum for messages like this.

Other than creating a special moderator-post-only "tar brush" subforum somewhere (next to Jet Blast perhaps), I can't think of a logical place.
ACK! :-)

Apart from the fact that disclosing why someone got banned will stir up a discussion every time. Possibly leading to a rehash of the things said that lead to the ban in the first place.
I must disagree here, sorry. The disclosure will give a reason the the users. Don't get me wrong: I don't want to initialize democracy in web forums neither do I want to start discussions. This subforum may be read only to mortals and only writable to moderators. It's just for the information to CALM the users, not to create even more hassle...

[..] I can't see the moderators doing otherwise.
Just visit some other forums (just kidding :-) )

Kind regards,
Peter