PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2011, 08:31
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Carthusian
AirTren
I would say it might be thought a trifle dishonest to edit your comments and then claim that they were your original thoughts.
The text posted originally before it should have, so as it was not what I intended, I performed an editing right away, which took a couple of minutes. I saw your post only after finishing the edit, and it seems you probably caught my original post, while I was editing it.

While I am sorry for this to be confusing to you, I think you're exaggerated in your accusation which is gratuitous, particularly when I've spend extensive time to understand what you're saying, and trying to respond, so that could have a decent dialog.
Be that as it may - I am not referring to visual impairment or otherwise. I am referring to how perception and interpretation work which varies from person to person. It is not a fixed process and it is perfectly possible for people to respond in different ways to different sources of stimulus. Comprehension does not always come immediately and this is the point that needs to be remembered.
A sound is a sound signal - if you wish to transform it into a visual signal you can do but it is conscious. If you don't it stays a sound signal. One does not listen to music and transform the signals into visual stimulae unless one wants to.
People that are accepted as pilots are within well defined health requirements range. That does not mean that those that don't meet the requirements are impaired.

I am afraid our communication is not working well, as it seems to me that somehow you're not reading or getting the meaning of what I am writing, as your replies seem to be such a radical deviation from what I wrote. ..

The visual perception of a change of a "control" position which is so simple, and done within the normal training, and cockpit routine, does not require any sophisticated comprehension, nor does it expose any peculiarity with one's visual perception. Such "visual perception" is plentily demonstrated by its use on a large number of airplanes world wide.

Last edited by airtren; 15th Nov 2011 at 09:12.