PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mark Whitaker Campaign for AAPMBF Trustee
Old 15th Nov 2011, 06:09
Mark Whitaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
* One of the reasons I am standing for as a Trustee is the total lack of communication form the Office Manager or the Chairman.

The Trustees had their monthly meeting in Perth last Thursday as of COB today Tuesday 15th some 5 days later, I have had no communication at all from anyone in the organisation as to my monthly payment, nor my Capital Claim.

As some posters believe this is the most open and transparent Board they have seen, they must be on another planet than I am!

I cannot be the only member waiting monthly benefits or Capital Claims.

If you are having the same run around as I am please email me with your details (I don’t need specifics of your medical problems, just what feedback or lack thereof you have had from this Board or Management) and lack of communication and if I become a Trustee I will personally get in touch with each and every one of you who emails or calls me with the respect and consideration that the current Management and Chairman is not doing at the moment.

This total lack of respect for members and non-communication is what is called “Corporate Governance” and it is my opinion, this Management and Chairman has none nor have any notion of what is required of them under the Financial Services Act!

Also I had a phone call from an old friend the other day who is 43. CASA said he did not meet the standard for a class 1 and wanted him to do more liver function tests. This was 2 days before his medical expired. He convinced the Medical Section of CASA to extend his Medical for 2 months so he could have these tests conducted, which they did and his liver is OK.

CASA told him that they have picked up a number of liver problems with pilots from binge drinking spirits.

This information should be coming from the AAPMBF Medical Advisor and distributed to membership. Not by word of mouth from Pilots who have had a problem. This is what I believe we pay our membership money for, Coverage and Advice, not just silence.

[email protected]

Regards

Mark Whitaker