PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2011, 01:16
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight: Against DEFO's? In principle, yes. It undermined the seniority system and allowed CX to reneg on promoting SO's, as well as management tearing up yet another clause of their contracts of by-pass pay.

Against the original cadet scheme for HK Nationals? No. It was set up and designed to promote the local HK community. CX is a HK airline and as such the local HK community should be shown some loyalty. What CX have done with this is just immoral and against their own words and definition of what the cadetship was all about.

Barney: I gave only the figures as quoted by TT in the document I mentioned. I did not go on to mention the approximate 70% pay increase the DFO has given himself over recent times, nor the fines the airline had to pay for CX management's illegal price fixing activities, nor the fuel hedging fiasco(s) that cost the airline millions.... All these (illegal) activities and guess what? They all received BONUSES for it!!! And then what? They cut the remuneration package for the future pilots. Immoral and greedy. Nothing more, nothing less.

One's past behaviour is the best indicator of one's future behaviour.

Aircargo Asia Pacific - Cathay Pacific pleads guilty to US price fixing charges

Fuel hedging bets cost Cathay Pacific $1bn - Business News - Business - The Independent

(For the remarkable bonuses and salary increases management have given themselves, refer to the AOA publications - or someone else can give those details.)