PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 21:50
Lonewolf_50

Received 420 Likes on 262 Posts
Color me unconvinced. I'll believe it when I see it, Poltergeist.

Until I see it, it remains hot air and marshmellows.

Been down the silk lined roadway (on a variety of issues over the years) once too many times to believe otherwise.

As they say in Missouri: show me.

Your example of the German aircraft is a quaint demonstration of how utterly pointless this "system" has become. All this talk of "safety" and "security" is illusion and noise. Has been since day first.
I flew back on a German aircraft two days ago and the order was given for the seat backs to be put upright for landing except the guy in front said he would not. The crew overlooked this as he was a premium card holder, yes, I overheard the conversation. in view of this being a safety requirement I guess the crew could qualify for the title of numpty.
I suggest you go back to an old George Carlin comedy routine that predates 9-11 by a few years. It was on his CD/album "You Are All Diseased." It features the idiotic "three questions" we used to be asked while checking in to a flight about who packed our bags. (Achmed and Ali, of course, why do you ask?) I seem to recall that bit of "security" theater being an artifact of the Lockerbie explosion/wreck/terrorist attack. Please correct me if I am wrong on that score.

His position is that it's all a show. I've seen no reason to believe that has changed.

PS. Your spelling is off. Is English not your native tongue?

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 14th Nov 2011 at 22:00.