PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 20:41
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LW. With respect, the discussion of instrumentaion comes up in the CVR, clearly, and neither one claims AFU. PNF, "lost speeds, ALTERNATE LAW".

"Je ne comprends rien". "I understand nothing". That is not, "my dash is AFU".

Then, "We've lost all indications." WE, not ME. It has NOT been discussed, to my knowledge. Neither pilot made the distinction to which you allude. It is for this reason I am concluding neither pilot requested hand off to the other. Later, this changes. I too am not sure what PF saw, and no one can be. The communication was restricted to adversarial critique, and lacked team work, I'll say that. But change controls?

CRM issues are critical here, but I am reluctant to grant them causative weight. I believe the a/c was UPSET, responding erratically (via instrumentation), and there is no reason to believe the PNF had a better shot. EXCEPT in retrospect.

There was a cadence in that cockpit that resists the panacea offered by those here who think they have the picture; they do not. I am at a loss to define one single cue/comment that was absolutely bankable re: recovery post A/P loss.

Last edited by Lyman; 14th Nov 2011 at 20:56.