PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 18:41
barney31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CB,

Very true, and I stand corrected, however, to make your statement a bit more accurate, I must state that you have used the ATTRIBUTABLE profit figure, which is overwhelming, but in order to give a more balanced view the OPERATING profit/loss figure is more important. This is significantly lower, because of the 14, 048M HKD, you have to subtract the hedging contracts, the one-off sale of shares from HEACO and disposal of the Air China Shares, Fuel, and other, you will “only” have an Operating profit of 9,465M HKD. This is indeed still an impressive figure, but looking at the downfall of 2008 when the company took an hit with an operating loss of 1,440 M HKD and “only” had an profit of 285 M HKD, it makes an slightly different picture.
Nevertheless, it is still one of most profitable carriers in the world, and that is why the question begs why it is so hard to upgrade the offer.

Given that corporate greed is not something prone to this airline only. There are virtually nil carriers (at least none come to my mind), which will have no money-hogging management stooges.

404titan, Dan Buster, and ChinaBeached, I dearly hope that someone from the 3rd, floor or better yet, the 9th floor( and including the "taipans" at the Swire House), will read some of your postings gets an epiphany and will start something up. Who knows? There still might be some light left at the end of the tunnel… and if not, sooner or later, the consequences of going blind will not lead to be one of your happy endings.

On that note, I will leave the discussion here. I think everyone has had enough of reading through all of my mindblogs….

Godspeed to all who read this in whatever you decide to do.

Barney Out.