PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally , the DREAM comes true :)
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2001, 11:08
Skyking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally , the DREAM comes true :)

Hi Everyone , like the heading says after 4 years of waiting I finally have landed a job as a Co-Joe with a company that has its own executive jet , namely a Beechcraft 400.Tell you guys what , it feels like REDEMPTION !!!
First and foremost , I THANK GOD , for he has seen me through it , always beside me and kept me from going insane.I came back from Australia in 1997 , sept 27th . I converted my license to the appropriate license in 1998 and since then the waiting began.
I tried many operators , both pax and cargo guys.I have seen my course mates and colleagues get in ahead of me.It has been very frustrating at times , more like all the time.I have been for a number of exams with a large regional operator in my country , but have never been able to get past that , as in my country , who you know and how much you are willing to pay as a bribe is what counts.I does not matter if you are an average person with average intelligence or a genius of sorts , cause the politicians are in control of it all.I feel bitter that my country has treated me like this , but it has been a learning curve which has really been UP all the way.But everytime I was down , out and in the dumps , my god and my family came to me and cheered me up.
Anyway I managed to land a job with a Handling agent as an Traffice Officer handling the Sabena Airlines flight which frequented our city on a scheduled basis . I survived on a Salary of US$160/-- per month . I managed also to complete my degree in Business admin from the university and during this time god taught me many things like patience , humility , perseverance and most important when to keep your mouth shut and when to open it. There have been many occasion when I have wanted to quit , but I knew inside I would not be able to as in my heart I knew this is what made me happy and this is what my goal has always been.I also realised , that this time of waiting on the ground has been a preparing field for me , so that when I step into a cockpit , I would be ready for what ever came at me.God taught me the things that I had not learned , especially patience , which is most important to a pilot at any stage in his career.There are so many people here on this forum that I want to thank , reddo , pterodactly , mooney , luke skytodler , judyttexas , just to name a few . To all you guys , my heart felt thanks goes out from my lile corner in the world.I would also like to thank danny and the guys at pprune , towers , scroggs etc etc who have made it possible for me to meet and learn so much from so many pilots and people around the world .

Finally to end , to all the wannabe's I will say " Just trust in god , do your bit and work hard my friends , all good things , your first job included will come to you "

God Bless and warm regards
Skyking
------------