PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Club World
Thread: BA Club World
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 12:28
iraqi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Club World

Recently I travelled BA Club class from Dubai to Toronto.
This is the first time I take BA for this route as I have always flown with Emirates on the superb A380.
Unfortunately, due to a meeting in London, it made more sense to go with BA.
To say I was disappointed with the whole experience would be an understatement.
On the DXB-LHR leg, they used an ageing B777, the seats were filthy, the entertainment was horrible... I was forced to watch the movie when they wanted to play it and not when I chose to see it.
The staff kept on calling the Asian lady, opposite me "Sir", which was extremely embarrassing for her and me as we faced each other for the whole 7 hour flight.

LHR-YYZ was a newer B777, oddly enough they had the exact same menu as on the DXB-LHR leg... again the entertainment was lacking... They don't even bother to show British comedy on their comedy channel, which I found strange...

On the YYZ-LHR they used a 20 year old 767... (registration no. for those that want to check :GBNWR)... I honestly don't know how BA can still use this an old plane. Old no problem, but inside it was shabby, with many things broken and a very bloody noisy engine... but the funny part, as I was checking in, the checkin person told me that "as this a night flight no food will be served" this made me laugh and I though how cheap can BA get.

The LHR-DXB flight was nondescript other the an old B747.. with a 7" or so TV screen which I could hardly see anything on because of the sun coming through.

What did I miss out by doing this flight with BA as opposed to Ek?
1. Limousine service both ends
2. On Board Bar
3. Excellent lounge at DXB
4. Best on board entertainment
5. Brand new planes
6. Young energetic cabin crew...

I am sure lots of you will have an opinion that is totally opposite to mine, or some may agree with me...
Would love to hear all...

thanks