PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most memorable passenger, or passengers you've carried..
Old 14th Nov 2011, 11:47
heliboy999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an elderly lady passenger who flew with me and she was clutching an old book as she got into the helicopter. Upon landing she asked me if she could sign it for her as it was her first helicopter flight. As I looked back through the pages I saw various signitures of 747 captains and the like as she had travelled the world and I thought it was a nice momeneto but the book was ancient. As I looked further back I decided to go right the way to the front and there was a photo tucked inside the front cover of a beautiful girl standing next to a Mosquito. She had been a female delivery pilot during the war and the list of aircraft she had flown was amazing! I wish I could have sat and talked to her abaout her flying but it was not to be. I thought about her yesterday at the Cenotaph for Rememberance Parade.

I flew Terry Pratchett Around when he was doing his tour of England talking on behalf of The Alzheimer's Society. Was amazing talking to him about his life and some of the characters he has written and who they were based on. He just finds the humour in everything.