PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 10:24
buzz85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Credible Info

After looking through (parts of) the forum, I am interested to locate an active post-er who is currently a cadet with the programme, a recent graduate and now employed, or an SO employed for a few years with CX.

(If you have just posted and I have failed to see this, then I apologise.)

I am currently working my way through the recruitment process, just passed Stage 1. For some background info on me, I am an approx 1000hr CPL with a business degree. In saying that I feel I will be competent to make a decision ONE WAY OR ANOTHER about CX and the programme itself, once I have been through the recruitment process and if offered the opportunity. With this, I have not yet made my mind up and am setting out to try and gather concrete facts about CX, Hong Kong, life in, cost of living, etc......not just opinions. In short, the basis of my post is to simply try to collect some RELEVANT information from someone who is or has been DIRECTLY INVOLVED (and obviously successful) with the programme and the company, but obviously not recruitment or management (as we will hear from these people in the interviews).

No disrespect to any posters, but its tough to read all of the opinions within this thread and truly understand if they are educated via experience with the programme or simply outsiders with an opinion. Further, I do appreciate that I can sift through the forum and possibly find answers to some of my questions, but I am unsure if these answers are still valid (obviously depending on posting date) and if the author is credible (ie - sifting through numerous posts to discover their experience, etc.)

I do not need to hear that, if I am successful and do accept:
-I will live in poverty (unless this is quantified in some manner - ie cost of living figures, etc)
-That I will waste 5 years and still have a frozen ATPL (unless this is quantified in some manner - ie direct experience having left CX with only the P2X hours and trying to get recognition elsewhere)
-The program is an insult to all pilots

If you can justify the above statements with credible info, I am happy to listen.

Obviously there are many factors that make a business successful from management down to the front line, but there has to be some belief that there is good in this company and the programme exists to position the company for success in the future.

I believe everyone has an opinion and you are entitled to yours. In my case, though, I would just like to try this avenue to garner some facts about CX and the programme that do not come straight from CX themselves, and even HK, so that I can form my own, somewhat informed, opinion.

Thanks!

As the homepage of PPRuNe states:
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions.
*"sciolist"... Noun, archaic. "a person who pretends to be knowledgeable and well informed".