PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 14th Nov 2011, 09:24
ACT Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill Shorten. Was he the **** kicker hack trying to capitalise on those two blokes trapped in the mine in Tassie a few years ago?

Yes, he was.

The problem with the EBA system is that it is biased in favour of the employer. Liken it, if you will to a game of strip poker.

Every EBA, you go back to the table with your log of claims. Every time, your employer wants another piece of your clothing, just for you to keep up with the CPI (in QF's case). Plus a bit more. Why would you give up ANYTHING just for CPI?

Mrs. Jarse gets about 6% every year, for no tradeoff, and she isn't under an EBA.

Soon enough (after 7 or 8 EBA's) you're sitting at the table in your undies, with no more left to give for just the CPI.

AJ says "We'll take those, thanks". And we end up where we are today with QF pilots. A fatally flawed industrial system bought in by the Labor government.

Screw you Bill Shorten, and screw this stupid EBA system.
I understand your analogy Hugh, but you mention the pilots and their EBA situation. Their current EBA is one of the more complex and lengthy IR documents I have ever laid my eyes on. There's still a hell of a lot of layers of clothing on that one....