PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 08:28
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a whole bunch of repetitive ranting here, like five year olds who have drunk to much coke at a birthday party.
Interesting that but for their age, they are just as qualified to apply and interview for CX.......

Repetitive? I'd happily wear that badge as opposed to yellow-bellied, spineless, ignorant, naive and a sell-out. I'll repeat that: I'd happily wear that badge as opposed to yellow-bellied, spineless, ignorant, naive and a sell-out. Therein I'm repetitive.

Barney & Flight - I appreciate the words. We can debate in a civil manner (preferred) but I trust you are open to opinions that may differ from yours and defend yours with facts, that's all. As I've written, you have to fight fire with fire sometimes. Granted that I often up the ante with a flame thrower..... No denying it. Kids like "whatever" ask for advice as to how to get into flying not via the cadetship. He rejects the answer completely as being "too hard" and his sense of "entitlement" is the over bearing character trait he demonstrates. I make no apologies for calling a spade a spade with him & the like who have gone before.

As I just wrote to one guy with the courtesy to ask from some info via a PM, you have to look at who profits from the decisions being made. CX came from record profits as they introduced the CEP. Profits were better than they had ever been in the company's history. With the CEP plan, who gained, who lost and who did it? That is the key to understanding most "business" decisions in any industry. Company stooges cry it is a just cause to keep the airline competitive. What a joke.

No, aircraft will not be parked - and if they are it will only be for a short time as CX drive up readily available and quickly trained pilots to get them in the air. To do that they will have to attract those pilots. It is blatantly obvious that this package does not.

CX paid very well and the interview was revered throughout the airline pilot world as the toughest to pass. CX therefore attracted competitive and well qualified people, and they were profitable - over $14 BILLION HKD worth of profit.

No, these kids don't see themselves as being detrimental to the industry. They are told it, they have it explained why, but they actively choose to ignore it. What they see and how they act is refelctive of the choices they make and maturity they show.

Not all pilots go through the same training. New iCadets receive less training in the sim than their DESO counterparts with many 1000's more hours: from 12 down to only 6 full flight sims. DEFO's do not need to do as many sectors as do promoted SO's. No, CX has created an out of balance world that only answers to one God: greed & money.

The original cadetship was designed for CX to "give back to the community" and support the "local community of aspiring pilots". Only as recently as earlier in the year RH quoted this in an update. CX used the cadetship's original good intent & twisted it for greed. Plain and simple. The cadetship was the road and the Racial Discrimination Ordinance (RDO) the vehicle.

Those same people defending this CEP are the ones who in the very near future will be crying "we should all stick together" and "pilots are their own worst enemies". They will complain about the poor hotel standards, crew meals and FDTL's, all the while believing it was not them or paved the way and endorsed it all. And so the spiral continues.

You can't see if you refuse to look.