PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2011, 00:49
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airtren
So, you've echoed repeatedly publicly an idiotic statement sent to you via a PM - I have no idea who the "same person" you're mentioning is - and offer a conditional apology?
It didn't seem idiotic at the time, it wasn't just one person passing that information along and I had (and still have) no reason to believe that they would deliberately misinform me, in fact it's likely someone misinformed them.

The Moderator deleted your first post, after you refused to do it at my respectful request, but then you keep repeating it, as soon as I start posting, as a tool of intimidation.
In fact the moderators deleted a whole swath of posts from that period and at no point was I contacted directly by the moderating team saying I had erred or otherwise - you make it sound like I was singled out for admonishment when it was not the case.

You can start with your own computer expertise - as an advertised software engineer, you should do a lot better - as you seem to have no clue on detecting network applications impersonations, continue with your interaction with the Moderator, continue with a better management of your tactical arsenal devices and finally improving your apology section.
Aside from the fact that I participate in these forums as a way of taking my brain off the software development track for short periods of time, I have no access to the IP logs of this forum and therefore no way (or at least no *legal* way) of telling - other than building relationships with knowledgeable and trustworthy posters - people are who they say they are. The heads-up came from more than one person, at least one of them had proven trustworthy in the past, and it happened during a period of a lot of people who had previously been curiously silent sticking their oar in, and at least one user going under two different handles (i.e. sockpuppeting). As I said before, none of the moderating team has interacted directly with me either privately or publicly, so I don't know what you're getting at.

If the information was incorrect then, as I said, you have my apology. Other than that I don't know what more I can say or do at this point.