Old 13th Nov 2011, 20:40
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

Clandestino
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjeant
For a Curtiss Jenny .. a pitot tube clogged was not a very important problem ... for a Airbus or other brand using automation .. it's a crucial data loss

It's manageable. Same way it was on JN. Attitude + power.
Pilot handling was not exactly my point ...
For the JN when Pitot tube clogged you loss airspeed indication (visual) and no more
For the Airbus when pitot tubes clogged you loss airspeed indication (visual) and also a important data needed for the automation system .. and that is the most important point (design of the automation system)

This is a very serious occurrence, sir. Could you please provide relevant NTSB reference (or local investigating entity's one, if it was international operation).
Methink .. such incident will not show in any investigating entity's unless pilot made a report to airline .. and this airline send it to investigating branch office
I think (by what I read about reports and experience backup) that this event no deserve to be in a investigating entity archive
I can be wrong ... if it's the case the OP will certainly correct me in his answer

Do we call him non-pilot for that?
This particular day and time .. yes .. he was no more a pilot .. he forget he was a pilot .. and he was just a man trying to return as soon as possible at home

OK465
Having once again learned something new here, in the future to avoid lag, I will plan on making all flight control inputs before I'm aware I need them.

Last edited by jcjeant; 13th Nov 2011 at 21:12.