PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to security in Kabul if you go tech on a flydubai aircraft
Old 13th Nov 2011, 16:44
Amdram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR PIRATE,

Are you seriously suggesting that the crew would have been worse off in Johannesburg? Whilst parts of it are very violent and you would have to be completely daft to visit, there are many other safe and pleasant areas to go. Admittedly you should be pretty streetwise but aside from that no real problems. After all, EK can fill two 773 and an A388 every day so people want to go.

Kabul on the other hand......

Do you read the news? Are you aware of the ongoing security situation there? Would you prefer to stop in Kabul than Joburg? If you would then go right ahead because I know where I and probably everyone else on this forum, website and world would rather be!

I hope that a lot is learnt about this very unfortunate episode very quickly. Either somewhere as safe as Fort Knox (USBD - Wikipedia) with as much security and protection is found or and rather more hopefully, an aircraft and engineer are dispatched (so we don't get two AOG) to rescue the crew without delay avoiding the need to nightstop.

6000PIC - You might not be the only one.........