PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to security in Kabul if you go tech on a flydubai aircraft
Old 13th Nov 2011, 16:19
Spit The Dummie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royston Vasey & I.R.PIRATE: please do not make light of this scenario.
For those of us who are forced (bonded) to endure it, your comments are not welcome, not funny, and detract from the serious problem that exists within flydubai in terms of its Flight Safety Department's complete lack of credibility at its top most level.

latetonite: the 'climate of fear' engendered by flydubai's Manager Safety & Security is such that few, if any, pilots within the company are prepared to show any flexibility outside of the literal confines of what's written within the MEL / CDL, and that's probably a very good thing given the circumstances, verging upon being belligerently so. You might call it a "damned if you do, and damned you if you don't" mentality, though let me repeat again the message about the 'climate of fear' engendered by flydubai's Manager Safety & Security.

In this particular Kabul instance the Captain (who I personally know is a TOP GUY !!!) correctly stuck to the official line within the MEL and, as a result, the aircraft returned to stand and was grounded (Kabul or not).

That aside, the really worryingly aspect of this is that the much vaulted & promoted (by FZ management) procedure for an AOG in Kabul (a war zone by any other name!), being something put in place by flydubai's Manager Safety & Security, proved (much as expected by the vast majority of flydubai's aircrew) to be both an appalling & very dangerous failure!!!

That none of flydubai's aircrew are surprised at this outcome speaks volumes about the lack of ability & integrity with which they view the Manager Safety & Security, and it's almost an insult to integrity to suggest he should resign over this (as he never has had any integrity!). That said, if he doesn't tender his resignation over this, Gaith really should sack him!

As a result of this event alone, the integrity of flydubai's Safety & Security Department will remain damaged beyond all recognition for a very long time to come, and especially so all the time that that man (WDA) is at its helm, he is a disgrace to the the title of Safety & Security Manager!