PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V2+10 climb plus more - huh?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 14:56
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slightly flatter second segment climb
I would say that its the opposite as this is the basis of improved climb or optimized V-speeds.

Trolltuner, not sure if you have an airline background, but improved climb is where we basically are limited by the climb limit weight but have plenty of runway, by increasing the speed on the runway and achieving a higher V2, we obtain a higher second segment climb gradient. This is the same as you are trying to do.

As you cannot prove that you are quieter by using any other procedures, I can only guess that you are trying not to ring the noise bells, if you have any airport in particular, it might be worth adopting a special procedure for that airport.

This airport has one of the most interesting noise abatement procedures that I have seen.

Boeing Company

I compared the noise figures that you provided with the European limit, you are about +10 EPNdB above Stage 3 accumulative limits, I know that you are operating a Stage 2 aircraft, but what exactly did you achieve with the limiting takeoff weights and acoustical improvements.

Mutt