PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a new badge to wear
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 10:00
The Hitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While its true secruity officers are DFT trained in order the achieve the rank of senior licensed aviation officer a SIA level 3 licence is required along with a endorsment in advanced aviation counter terrorism level 1, which needless to say i hold.
This requirement is a good thing in my view as to TBH the entry standard required to become a officer is not as high as many people think and there are cases of individuals who are without being unkind not the sharpest knives in the drawer managing to slip through the net ,
This requirement prevents this type of officer from climbing the ladder to far as the last thing we need is some useless jobsworth with zero imagination and even less common sense in a postion of authority in aviation security
Finally i can assure everyone the threat of a bomb being manfactured from a chinese /indian takeaway is very real, in fact David Cameron stated at recent COBRA meeting the threat of a so called "biryani bomb" causing havoc at a major airport is his greatest fear.