PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Red Arrows mishap? (merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 09:03
simonrennie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just a thought

Earlier replies raise an interesting issue, the loved ones are doing their best to deal with a complete shock and bolt out of the blue and now in grief with no previous thought or training. Everone is very different and their reactions to the situation are totally unpredictable when it actually happens and of course their wishes should be respected if at all possible. As a new "orphan" having lost my dad just a few weeks ago at 88 I used e-mail to update those who wanted news updatess and other than a very small minority that thought it was too impersonally the over whelming majority where pleased to receive the e-mail's and made comments like really want to hear but don't like to keep phoning and asking and to be perfectly honest I did not want to spend hours making VERY hard phone calls and talking about it. How we have the CI ditching where my inlaws live, fortunatley not friends of theirs but we have had people check I was now flying out there to visit. The traggic M5 crash the large number OMG could xyz be involved? By quickly naming the poor individual quite a large number are saved from worry. Obviously it should be a case by case decision but personally on thoughtful reflection if I was that poor person, name me quickly to save a larger number from worry. The Red Arrows pilots plus the reserves knowing several hundred people each and then their immeadiate families or people concerned because their friend is worried sick. I can see the logic of don't print for a couple of days when families had time to break the sad news to priority people that should know when we still used jungle drums but in the modern high spped world that luxury is in the past?