PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2002, 10:51
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP

You continue to ignore the central and crucial point whilst confusing your conjecture and extrapolations with fact.

It is not for anyone to theorise upon what might have happened. Such actions simply further muddy the water. It is for their airships to show how they can prove to the required standard that the crew were negligent to a gross degree. The House of lords has decided that they have failed in that duty.

I hate theorising, but try this for size. Trundleing along, happily VMC below a lowering cloudbase, autopilot in, approaching way point and visual with mull. Change waypoint in TANS, disconnect autopilot and find controls restricted/UCCM/engine runaway/other warning/distraction.

None of these scenarios can be proven to have happened, but that is of no import whatsoever.

It is for the BofI to prove beyond any doubt whatsoever that no such problem occured and that Jon and Rick simply flew on with total disregard for their safety. The BofI could not. Wratten and Day overturned their finding.

If I sound like a stuch record, then so be it until you answer the questions that require answering. I don't mean your view of what you think happened. I mean conclusive proof that you are right.

Can't do it? I thought not. Now. Off to watch the HoL debate on Parliament#.