PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Come Fly with Me (The Story of Pan Am)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 06:53
henry crun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the story I am about to relate is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, the remark about the hosties (as they were called in those days) leading an active social life was true.

Back in the days of 707's when various airlines, including PanAm, used to slip crews at Nadi, the old Mocambo was a favourite watering hole.

One particular evening there was a convivial gathering of various slip crews around the pool, including several RNZAF aircrew who happened to be staying overnight.

As the evening wore on more drink was consumed and the noise level increased, to the point were one PanAm hostie became too noisy and was making a bit of an exhibition of herself, so her captain ordered her to bed.
She could tell by the tone of his voice that he was not joking, so off she staggered.

Some time later when the party was still going strong she appeared from the other side of the pool stark naked, and weaved her way around the various guests tables towards the main party group.

Her captain got up, said "excuse me", picked the lady up, threw her over his shoulder, and walked off.
The party continued, but it was noticeable some time later that the captain had not returned.