PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At last, a journo is starting to get it
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 06:44
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
Do you really think that Qantas, a company listed on the Stock Exchange can "hide figures"? Come on, that is fraud.
Yes. I am coming to the opinion that there is something very dodgy going on at QF. There is a bigger game in play that is yet to be revealed.

1. Firstly they have been caught with some questionable cost allocations in the past.

2. They were involved in the biggest collusion ever known to man. Allegedly all orchestrated by one man. I am not so gullible to believe that to be true. I for one cannot see how one guy could single handed organise such a scam within a company.

3. The Australian Share holders association was publically questioning their accounting at the AGM.

4. It is the nature of aviation. I have seen to many companies big and small in aviation who are just shams, tax scams, or a front for something else. Very very very few aviation companies in Australia are actually run as a legitimate open aviation business. The owners/managers are often milking something off somewhere and the aviation business is paying the cost for that corruption of the aviation business. The problem with aviation as a business is that since the capital costs are so high they often have very high turnovers. So people can have little corruption scams going on and it is absorbed by the aviation business. I might add that some of these things are totally legitimate business practices, however they are corrupting the aviation business and provide a front for the owners to cry poor when in fact they are diverting the money elsewhere.

5. Do you think it is slightly suspicious that former QF management were going to get paid alot of money by telling everyone to sell their shares and secondly is it not interesting that former QF management had a stake in a aircraft leasing company?