PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Come Fly with Me (The Story of Pan Am)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2011, 05:55
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
FL

Worth watching I agree, albeit more nostalgic in content than expanding on the operational aspects of the airline. The development of the long haul routes across the Pacific for example and no mention of the extensive Berlin based operations at all plus only a passing mention of their US Gov't operations.

There were some interesting anecdotes from the former cabin crew however...all of whom seemed to have led, "an active social life"...as they say in polite circles....and all credit to them for doing so.

I was amused by their perceptions as to the lack of sophistication regarding pilots....and the "lets go for the cheapest option...and split the bill" when eating out...no change there then.......and the diplomatic references to "difficult passengers ".

The line about the crews being so well trained, they knew how to change an engine was a little tenous I thought..they probably did...in theory at least.

Some interesting shots of the ground crew on the flying boats...in immaculate white uniforms, complete with hat...and up to their necks in water.

Overall, a nice soft documentary....and some equally nostalgic shots of the 707's / 727's as a bonus.

Last edited by Krystal n chips; 13th Nov 2011 at 06:33.